Monday, April 15, 2013

after grad

I have a job! I have a job! Seriously y'all I have never been more excited. Last week I got the call that I was accepted into City Year Jacksonville's 2013-2014 Corps! I have always wanted to be a teacher and this program is going to be a perfect break year to gain some hands on experience in education before I head to grad school!


After so much stress this year trying to figure out my life after college experience I was so relieved to finally find out I'll be doing something worthwhile and that I will love! Senior year is supposed to be fun and relaxing but for me it was a year full of comparison. Am I going to be as successful as Sally who just got a job in DC? Are people going to be as impressed by my plans as they are of Emily's who is going to Vanderbilt? Will people thinking of me as a success or a failure when I come back to visit?

I know it seems overly dramatic but I feel like my generation puts so much emphasis on figuring out what our lives are going to be, always in advance. Finding out my future steps so late in the game kept me really self-conscious. Now I know that it was silly to be so concerned, and even without City Year I know I would be successful and eventually become an awesome teacher. 


Here's the thing though, see that picture above. Yeah, that's the uniform. I have to wear that every day. Not the most flattering for a 5'2 lady like myself but I actually think they're kinda neat! I even get my own pair of Timberlands (I know, I'm giggling at myself too). Still unsure if I can wear bows with the uniform...I'll have to check on that. 

Here's to hoping everyone is easing into summer stress free!

aBd

No comments:

Post a Comment